Inspection and Certification is available for builds by
Manufacturers - Do-It-Yourselfers - Educational Organizations
NOAH is not inspecting factory built or modular construction homes
Manufacturer is defined as a person, partnership, firm or corporation actively engaged in the manufacture of Tiny Houses; two or more in a twelve month period.
Do-It-Yourselfer is defined as a person, partnership, group or organization actively engaged in the manufacture of a Tiny House; no more than one in a twelve month period.
NOAH Inspection & Certification Differentiates Builders of Tiny Houses!
Safety & Efficiency
The NOAH Standard incorporates safety, structural & energy efficiency standards currently used by the Recreational Vehicle AND Home Building industries:
- ANSI - American National Standards Institute
- NFPA - National Fire Protection Association
- NEC - National Electrical Code
- Structural & Energy Efficiency Guidelines
NOAH inspects each Tiny House structure at 5 or more - specific phases of construction for compliance to the NOAH Standard.
- Trailer & Attachment
- Framing & All-Trades (electrical, plumbing & HVAC)
- Insulation & Final
All inspections are archived & available for review in the future.
NOAH inspections are performed &/or reviewed by InterNACHI Certified Professional Inspectors, Engineers, General Contractors, Electricians, Plumbers & other professionals as needed.
Truth & Transparency
Each NOAH Certified Tiny House meets safety, structural & energy efficiency standards making the home more suitable for permanent, full-time residential living.
NOAH Inspection & Certification provides the opportunity to build with integrity for the intended desire for occupancy both now & potential usage in the future.
Make sure its...
CERTIFIED BUILT RIGHT!
NOAH inspects EACH build, not the builder!
Like a Building Department for
NOAH inspections are performed &/or reviewed by:
- InterNACHI Certified Professional Inspectors
- General Contractors
- Other professionals, as needed
EACH Tiny House is inspected at FIVE (or more) critical stages of construction for compliance to the NOAH Standard.
- Foundation or Trailer
- Attachment & Framing
- All-Trades (Electrical, Plumbing & HVAC)
Each inspection is archived & available for review in the future.
The video snippets of sample inspections contained in this presentation represent only a fraction of an actual inspection performed by our inspectors.
Get Started Today!
Find out about NOAH Membership options for Manufacturers, Do-It-Yourselfers, Educators & others...
What Inspection & Certification Represents...
- The NOAH Seal represents the builder's compliance with the NOAH Standard.
- The NOAH Standard is a minimum requirement for certification, although builders may choose to exceed these standards.
- A NOAH Seal displayed on the structure provides a visible symbol & confirmation of THAT Tiny House successfully completing the entire inspection process performed by NOAH inspectors.
- NOAH Seals are numbered & unique to each individual Tiny House.
- All elements of each inspection record (audio, video, .jpg, .doc, etc.) are archived by Seal number, VIN (or other identifier) & Name of Builder for easy identification in the future.
- Inspection Records are retrievable for review by lenders, insurers, individual owners, municipalities, etc.
- NOAH Inspection & Certification provides the unique distinction & credibility of a third-party inspection of EACH Tiny House.
- NOAH inspection & Certification is a partnership between the builder (Manufacturer, DIYer, or educational institution) and NOAH's staff and inspectors to inspect and certify compliance with The NOAH Standard.
What Inspection & Certification Does NOT Represent...
- NOAH Inspection & Certification is not an unconditional approval of a Tiny House builder, their product line(s) or particular model(s), manufacturing processes, business practices...
NOAH Inspection & Certification is a voluntary program for builders to demonstrate compliance with safety, structural & energy efficiency standards for consumer confidence in the product(s) they produce.
- NOAH is not inspecting factory built or modular construction homes.
NOAH has chosen to dedicate all of it's efforts to the Tiny House community.
- NOAH does not inspect and certify tiny houses on wheels as modular or factory built homes. Each state has it's own requirements or process to obtain an Insignia for modular or factory built dwellings. States have not determined a specific, separate, approval process for tiny houses on wheels as dwelling units.
- NOAH is not a government agency or agent.
NOAH is an independent corporation serving the Tiny House industry. NOAH collaborates with government, municipalities & community developers in harmonizing multiple standards of safety, structural & energy efficiency in an effort to meet the needs of the rapidly evolving Tiny House industry.
- NOAH Inspection & Certification does not guarantee lending approval, insurance coverage or placement of Tiny Houses.
NOAH Inspection & Certification guarantees the Tiny House bearing the NOAH Seal has successfully passed inspection at specific phases of construction for compliance to safety, structural & energy efficiency standards currently used by the Recreational Vehicle & Home Building industries.